THE RUGGED-DUTY, ALL-BUSINESS WORK TRUCK YOU CAN COUNT ON.
The work you do requires everything you’ve got and then some. Same for your trucks and the people who drive them. With the T880, you’ve got a dependable, versatile vehicle capable of performing your toughest jobs. Day in, day out. A truck designed at its core with the strength, stamina and operating economy you need to move your business ahead.
Bulk tractor. Tanker. Dump truck. Mixer. Heavy hauler. Refuse truck. Logger. The next time your job requires maximum effort, dispatch the one truck that’s equipped to handle it: your Kenworth T880.
It’s The World’s Best® way to get work done.
For optimal driver performance, the T880 is fully loaded with innovative features such as Kenworth Driver Performance Assistant, Predictive Cruise Control, Adaptive Cruise Control.
When you need real-time diagnostics to maximize uptime, Kenworth TruckTech+ and NAV+HD comes equipped in the T880.
Kenworth’s PremierCare Gold Network is your gold standard in heavy duty truck support and our commitment to maximizing the productivity of every truck in your fleet.
With the T880, you’ve got a dependable, versatile vehicle capable of performing your toughest jobs. And the T880 has the strength, stamina and operating economy you need.
Everything you and your bodybuilder need to know to help you design the T880 that’s exactly right for you and during the body installation process.
Innovative technologies and advanced manufacturing processes deliver fuel efficient, light weight designs resulting in a lower cost of ownership.
The next time your job requires maximum effort, dispatch the one truck that’s equipped to handle it: your Kenworth T880.
A complete video overview of the T880. The T880 has the strength, stamina and operating economy you need.
CONFIGURED FOR ROCK-SOLID PERFORMANCE IN EVERY APPLICATION
T880 MX OPTIMIZED HOOD
This highly maneuverable set-back front axle model has been designed for maximum productivity, optimized weight distribution and body- mounting exibility in applications that call for a lightweight yet robust solution.
- Bulk Haul
T880 STANDARD HOOD
The T880 is one of the most proven and versatile work trucks ever conceived. Its “standard” set-back front axle configuration offers the perfect foundation for a myriad of tough-duty solutions requiring superior strength, reliability and operating efficiency.
- Heavy Haul
T880S SET-FORWARD FRONT AXLE
When your payload requirements demand a bridge-law compliant wheelbase, Kenworth’s new T880S set- forward front axle model delivers more exibility and operating advantages than any other work truck in its class.
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CHALLENGES YOU FACE EVERY DAY
Advanced technology and street-smart design – sloped hood, fuel-ef cient drivetrain, aerodynamic and job-speci c options, unconventional maneuverability and supremely comfortable driving environment – make a Kenworth T880 the ideal business partner. Spec it lean for payload-hungry applications. Dress it down in a no-frills day cab con guration. Or order it as a decked out thoroughbred with factory- installed, signature-setting Kenworth exclusives.
The 5-piece T880 hood offers bolt-on fenders for quick replacement to get you back on the work site. Each fender can be replaced in less than two hours.
The optional pre-cleaner is a great addition when operating in dusty environments like feed lots, road building or ready-mix operations.
Keep dirt, mud and spray at bay with Kenworth’s optional forward fender close-out accessory, a great idea when you’re running off the beaten path or with bigger tires.
Complex re ector halogen headlights offer the lighting performance of projector beam systems without the extra cost. Designed with extra thick polycarbonate lens and UV inhibitor, the headlamps will stand up to years of service without any complaints.
Open the door on a T880 and you’ll notice a marked difference in how Kenworth de nes comfort. The door pad, for example, presents a soft, low-gloss finish and the look of fine hand craftsmanship. Robust and extraordinarily strong, the door is triple sealed against the elements and road noise.
Durable aerodynamic side mirrors are cowl mounted for better stability and located farther forward and lower to optimize rearward visibility. The convex portion is 37 percent larger than Kenworth’s standard convex mirror design.
Powering the Kenworth T880 are the high quality and reliability of the PACCAR MX engines. The 12.9-liter PACCAR MX-13 engine is designed to meet the demands of linehaul heavy-duty truck applications — delivering the increased horsepower and torque needed to move large payloads with ease, even on steep grades. The 10.8-liter, six-cylinder, in-line PACCAR MX-11 engine is perfect for weight sensitive pickup and delivery, less-than truckload and regional applications.
INTERIOR COLORS AND OPTIONS
The T880 is available in two interior trim levels, the Vantage and the Diamond VIT. Offered in Slate Gray or Tan, either choice comes with three shades of vinyl plus a complementary trim color.
40-Inch Flat Top Sleeper
For applications where length and tare weight are at a premium, Kenworth’s 40-inch sleeper is a perfect match. It offers a compact, yet comfortable sleeping environment, 22 cubic feet of storage space, overhead shelves, a cell phone cubby and extra large coat hooks speci cally designed to hold hard hats as well as coats.
52-Inch Mid-Roof Sleeper
When the schedule requires a layover, the Kenworth’s 52-inch sleeper is a welcome sanctuary. It measures 94 inches wide with a generous walk-through and stand-up-and-stretch headroom. Also available with an aerodynamic roof fairing.
76-Inch Mid-Roof Sleeper
For lower-profile and weight-sensitive applications, the Kenworth T880 with a 76-inch mid-roof sleeper trims weight by 100 lbs. The spacious sleeper can be ordered with either the optional back wall storage system or folding upper bunk to meet your individual needs.
- PACCAR MX-13 Engine, 12.9 Liter, 405-510 HP,
1,450 – 1,850 lb-ft of Torque—(standard)
- PACCAR MX-11 Engine, 10.8 Liter, 335-430 HP,
1,150 – 1,650 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- PACCAR PX-9 Engine, 8.9 Liter, 345-380 HP,
1,150 – 1,250 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- Cummins ISX12 Engine, 11.9 Liter, 320-425 HP,
1,150 – 1,650 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- Cummins ISX12-G Engine, 11.9 Liter, 320-400 HP,
1,150 – 1,450 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- Cummins X15 Engine, 14.9 Liter, 450-600 HP,
1,450 – 2,050 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- TruckTech+ Remote Diagnostics—(standard)
- Eaton Fuller FRO16210C 10-Speed—(standard)
- Eaton Fuller 9, 10, 13, 15 & 18 Speed Manual and Automated Transmissions—(optional)
- Allison 5, 6 & 7 Speed Automatic Transmissions—(optional)
- PTO Options: REPTO and Factory Installed Transmission Mounted PTOs—(optional)
- Fabco and Namco Split-Shaft PTO’s and Transfer Cases—(optional)
Starting and Charging
- 160 Amp Alternator—(standard)
- PACCAR 12 Volt Starter—(standard)
- Three PACCAR Dual Purpose Batteries—(standard)
- Two or Four PACCAR Dual Purpose Batteries—(optional)
- Two or Three AGM Deep Cycle Batteries—(optional)
- Maxwell ESM Ultracapacitor Starting Module—(optional)
Axle and Suspension
- Front Axles – Meritor, 12,500 lb.—(standard)
- Front Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer 12,000 to 22,800 lbs.—(optional)
- Front Springs – Taperleaf w/Shocks, 12,000 lb.—(standard)
- Front Springs – Taperleaf w/Shocks, 13,200, 14,600, 16,000, 18,000, 20,000 and 23,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Rear Axle – PACCAR, 40,000 lbs. Tandem—(standard)
- Single Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer from 16,000 to 30,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tandem Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer, 40,000 to 52,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tridem Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer, 69,000 and 78,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Rear Suspension – Reyco 102, 38,000 lbs. Tandem—(standard)
- Single Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Reyco, Neway and Hendrickson with capacities from 20,000 to 31,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tandem Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Reyco, Hendrickson, Chalmers and Neway with capacities up to 52,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tridem Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Hendrickson, and Neway with capacities up to 78,000 lbs.—(optional)
Cab / Hood / Interior
- Cab – Stamped Aluminum—(standard)
- Hood – 5-Piece Metton Sloped Vocational Hood with Bolt on Fenders—(standard)
- – T880 MX Hood – 116.7” BBC—(standard)
- – T880 Standard Hood – 122.6” BBC—(optional)
- – T880S Hood – SFFA 114.0” BBC—(optional)
- 40-Inch Low-Roof Flat Top Sleeper—(optional)
- 52-Inch Mid-Roof Aerodyne Sleeper—(optional)
- 76-Inch Mid-Roof Aerodyne Sleeper—(optional)
- Nav+ HD—(optional)
- Complex Reflector Halogen Headlamps—(standard)
- Aerodynamic Breakaway Heated Mirrors—(standard)
- Adjustable Telescoping Tilt Steering Column—(standard)
- Standard Vantage Vinyl Headliner and Cab Back Panel—(standard)
- Diamond VIT Deluxe Interior—(optional)
- Kenworth GT701 High Back Driver Seat—(standard)
- Kenworth GT701 High Back Toolbox Plus Rider Seat—(standard)
- Kenworth GT702 High Back Driver and Rider Seats—(optional)
- Kenworth GT703 Heated and Ventilated High Back Driver and Rider Seats—(optional)
- Power Door Locks—(standard)
- Passenger-side Electric Window—(standard)
- 3-Window Back of Cab Window Option—(optional)
Special Equipment & Options
- Back-up Alarm—(optional)
- Daytime Running Lights—(optional)
- Multi-function Engine Connector For Body Builder Interface—(optional)
- Bodybuilder Harness to End of Frame—(optional)
- Custom Frame Drilling and Frame Layout—(optional)
- Factory Installed Transmission PTO’s
– Muncie and Chelsea—(optional)
- Factory Installed Watson Chalin Lift Axles
– 8K, 10K, 13.5K, 20K and 22K—(optional)
– Pusher and Tag Axle con gurations—(optional)
– Steerable and Non-Steerable Options—(optional)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Vertical Side of Cab Tailpipe—(standard)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Vertical Back of Cab Tailpipe—(optional)
- Horizontal DPF/SCR with Back of Sleeper Vertical Tailpipe—(optional)
- Vertical Independent DPF/SCR with Back of Cab Single Tailpipe—(optional)
- Small Round DEF Tank – 11 Usable Gallons—(standard)
- Medium Round DEF Tank – 21 Usable Gallons—(optional)
- Large Round DEF Tank – 31 Usable Gallons—(optional)
- Clear Back of Cab DEF Tank—(optional)
- Polished Tank Cover and Polished Straps—(optional)
- Multiplex Electrical System With Centralized Power Distribution
Incorporating Plug-In Style Relays & Circuit Protection For Serviceability—(standard)
- 12 Volt Lighting System With Circuit Protection—(standard)
- Circuits Numbered & Color Coded—(standard)
- Key Switch Start & Shutdown—(standard)
- Frame – 10 5/8″ Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(standard)
- Frame – 10 3/4” Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(optional)
- Frame – 11 5/8” Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(optional)
- Single and Double Frame Inserts—(optional)
- Brakes, Front – Air Disc—(standard)
- Brakes, Rear – Air Drum—(standard)
- Brakes, Front – Air Drum—(optional)
- Brakes, Rear – Air Disc—(optional)
- ABS, ATC, ESP – Bendix—(standard)
- Bendix Wingman Advanced Available—(optional)
Wheels / Tires
- Wheels – Steel 22.5″—(standard)
- Tires – Bridgestone 295/75R22.5—(standard)
- Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear and Yokohama Tires Available—(optional)
- Polished and Non-Polished Alcoa or Accuride Aluminum Wheels—(optional)
- 24.5″ Tires and Wheels—(optional)
- 24.5” Round Aluminum – 100 Gallon Capacity—(standard)
- 22” Round Aluminum – 56 to 120 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- 24.5” Round Aluminum – 60 to 150 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- 28.5” Round Aluminum – 60 to 177 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- Hydraulic and Split Tanks Available—(optional)
- Heavy Duty 7″ Fuel Tank Support/Straps—(optional)
- Polished Aluminum Tanks and Polished Straps—(optional)
- Steel Battery Box with Aluminum Step Cover—(standard)
- Aluminum Battery Box—(optional)
- Cantilever Back of Cab Battery Box—(optional)
- Battery Box Between Rails—(optional)
- In Cab Battery Box—(optional)
- Steel Painted Channel Bumper—(standard)
- Tapered Channel in Brushed, Polished Aluminum or Chrome Steel—(optional)
- Stainless Clad Aluminum Channel Bumper—(optional)
- Box Bumper – Painted or Chrome (1/4″ or 3/8″ Thick)—(optional)
- Center Tow Hook or Removable Tow Hooks—(optional)