PRESENCE, POWER AND PERSONAL STYLE WRAPPED IN A WORLD-CLASS DESIGN THAT REDEFINES THE LONG-HOOD CONVENTIONAL.
Kenworth Truck Company has introduced a brand new truck model – the stunning long-hood conventional Kenworth W990, truly The Driver’s Truck. Kenworth’s long-hood conventional is the enduring symbol of American trucking — a perfect fusion of power, luxury, craftsmanship and traditional styling. For most professional drivers, it also represents the ultimate reward, a uniquely personal icon that stands for their dedication, achievement and sense of pride. Through the decades, our job has been to carefully — and continually — refine this classic without changing what made it great.
Introducing the Kenworth W990, the truck for those who put a premium on making a personal statement. It comes with uncompromising styling, straight ahead performance, premium finishes and lifestyle amenities that put you way ahead of the pack. It just doesn’t get any better than this.
Presence, power and personal style wrapped in a world-class design that redefines the long hood conventional. For professional drivers, the W990 represents the ultimate reward, a uniquely personal icon that stands for their dedication, achievement and sense of pride.
Innovative technologies and advanced manufacturing processes deliver fuel efficient, light weight designs resulting in a lower cost of ownership.
Luxury taken to the next level. Where space, elegant design, fine craftsmanship and an abundance of quality details define your surroundings.
A W990 blends the choices you make, from powertrain to paint scheme, with Kenworth’s manufacturing expertise. The result is the most awe-inspiring truck on the road.
BOLD. PROUD. TIMELESS. CONFIDENT. AND PERSONAL.
LIFE ON THE ROAD HAS NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD.
When you drive a Kenworth W990, others notice. It is a look. It is a sound. It is the undeniable recognition of your achievement. With 130 inches from bumper to back-of-cab, no one ignores the sheer presence of Kenworth’s latest long-hood classic. Nor will they miss your personalized message so clearly reflected in customized brightwork, hand-stitched upholstery and soul-stirring dual chromed stacks. Then there’s the hand-masked, hand-finished paint job, with a luster so deep you can see it for miles. And the exclusive styling of the Kenworth W990…. What a showstopper.
A W990 blends the choices you make, from powertrain to paint scheme, with Kenworth’s right-the-first-time manufacturing expertise. The result is the best-engineered, hardest-working, most comfortable and downright awe-inspiring truck on the road.
QUALITY MATERIALS, EXACTING CRAFTSMANSHIP,
TIMELESS DESIGN AND SO MANY MORE REASONS
TO OPT FOR THE SCENIC ROUTE
Open the door on a W990 and it’s easy to understand why so many professionals would prefer to turn the key of a Kenworth than any other truck. Settle in. Stretch out. Deep, luxurious diamond-and-button upholstery creates a welcoming sanctuary reminiscent of the world’s finest luxury sedans. Fully adjustable Air Cushion Premium Plus seats have been orthopedically contoured for comfort and support. The state-of-the-art dash features multiplexed electronic instrumentation, all the gauge options you want, and large, easy-to-reach switches and controls. In-cab storage includes a convenient place to put your thermos; upholstered seat back pockets; center console with drink holders, two 12-volt outlets, a perfect spot to place your cell phone and more.
Then there are all the subtle things you can’t see – you simply have to experience. Like Kenworth’s high-performance heater/air conditioner with the motor thoughtfully mounted on the firewall to minimize cab noise. The flatter toe board angle and suspended throttle and clutch pedals that reduce leg strain. A ride that smooths out all of the road’s rough edges. And a look that will stop traffic.
For as long as there have been trucks, the Kenworth brand has always stood for custom-built quality, superior driveability and unparalleled luxury. Fast forward. The W990 is about to redefine your entire perception of interior space, fit and finish in a long-hood conventional. Whether you choose a workhorse-rugged, yet way-above standard Vantage interior, the custom look of a Diamond upholstery package or the pure indulgence of a W990 Limited Edition, you’ve got everything you need to perform at peak efficiency, and rest well in an environment that takes you closer to home every mile you’re away.
Tour a 76 Inch Mid-Roof sleeper or one of our AeroCab sleepers. Note the perfect balance between business and comfort. The thoughtful, convenient and productive layout. The creative and elegant interior appointments. All handcrafted to the same exacting standard we use to build the rest of your Kenworth W990. Look forward to the road.
76-INCH MID-ROOF SLEEPER
For lower-profile and weight-sensitive applications, the Kenworth W990 with a 76-inch mid-roof sleeper reduces weight by 100 lbs over one of our full-height options. The spacious sleeper can be ordered with either the optional back wall storage system or folding upper bunk to meet your individual needs.
52-Inch Mid-Roof Sleeper
When the schedule requires a short layover, the Kenworth 52-inch sleeper is a welcome sanctuary. It measures 8 feet wide with a generous walkthrough and stand-upand-stretch headroom.
40-INCH FLAT TOP SLEEPER
For applications where length and tare weight are at a premium, Kenworth’s 40-inch sleeper is a perfect match. It offers a compact, yet comfortable sleeping environment, 22 cubic feet of storage space, overhead shelves, a cell phone cubby and extra large coat hooks specifically designed to hold hard hats as well as coats.
INTERIOR COLORS AND OPTIONS
The W990 is available in two interior trim levels, the Vantage and the Diamond VIT. Offered in Slate Gray or Tan, either choice comes with three shades of vinyl plus a complementary trim color.
Powering the Kenworth W990 are the high quality and reliability of the PACCAR MX engines. The 12.9-liter PACCAR MX-13 engine is designed to meet the demands of heavy-duty truck applications — delivering the increased horsepower and torque needed to move large payloads with ease, even on steep grades.
Kenworth’s integrated powertrain has been engineered to maximize fuel economy, reliability and performance while delivering The World’s Best® driving experience. PACCAR powertrain components work together at lower engine RPMs — regardless of road speed, reducing friction and fuel consumption and delivering all the power drivers need.
- PACCAR MX-13 Engine, 12.9 Liter, 405-510 HP,
1,450 – 1,850 lb-ft of Torque—(standard)
- Cummins X15 Engine, 15 Liter, 450-605 HP,
1,650 – 2,050 lb-ft of Torque—(optional)
- TruckTech+ Remote Diagnostics—(standard)
- PACCAR 12 Speed Automated Transmission—(standard)
- Eaton Fuller 9, 10, 13, 15 & 18 Speed Manual and Automated Transmissions—(optional)
- Allison 5, 6 & 7 Speed Automatic Transmissions—(optional)
- PTO Options: Factory Installed Transmission Mounted PTOs—(optional)
Starting and Charging
- 160 Amp PACCAR Alternator—(standard)
- PACCAR 12 Volt Starter—(standard)
- Three PACCAR Dual Purpose Batteries—(standard)
- Two or Four PACCAR Dual Purpose Batteries—(optional)
- Two or Three AGM Deep Cycle Batteries—(optional)
- Maxwell ESM Ultracapacitor Starting Module—(optional)
Axle and Suspension
- Front Axles – PACCAR, 20,000 lb.—(optional)
- Front Axles – Meritor, 12,500 lb.—(standard)
- Front Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer 12,000 to 22,800 lbs.—(optional)
- Front Springs – Taperleaf w/Shocks, 12,000 lb.—(standard)
- Front Springs – Taperleaf w/Shocks, 13,200, 14,600, 16,000, 18,000, 20,000 and 23,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Single Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer from 21,000 to 26,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Rear Axle – PACCAR, 40,000 lbs. Tandem·—(standard)
- Single Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer from 16,000 to 30,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tandem Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer, 40,000 to 52,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tridem Rear Axles – Meritor or Dana Spicer, 69,000 and 78,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Rear Suspension – Kenworth AG400L—(standard)
- Single Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Reyco, Neway and Hendrickson with capacities from 20,000 to 31,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tandem Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Reyco, Hendrickson, Chalmers and Neway with capacities up to 52,000 lbs.—(optional)
- Tridem Rear Axle Suspensions – Kenworth, Hendrickson, and Neway with capacities up to 78,000 lbs.—(optional)
Cab / Hood / Interior
- Limited Edition Black Cab and Sleeper Interior—(optional)
– Black Dash
– Black Diamond Door Pads with Royal Blue Stitching
– Black Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel with Royal Blue Stitching
– Black Leather Heated and Ventilated High Back Seats with Royal Blue Stitching
– Black Diamond Lower Sleeper Panels with Royal Blue W990 Embroidery
– Ravenwood Dash and Door Trim
- Kenworth GT701 High Back Driver Seat—(standard)
- Kenworth GT701 High Back Toolbox Plus Rider Seat—(standard)
- Kenworth GT702 High Back Driver and Rider Seats·—(optional)
- Kenworth GT703 Heated and Ventilated High Back Driver and Rider Seats—(optional)
- Power Door Locks—(standard)
- Passenger-side Electric Window—(standard)
- 3-Window Back of Cab Window Option—(optional)
- Polished Stainless Steel Exterior Sunvisor with Integral Marker Lights—(optional)
Driver Assistance Technology
- Predictive Cruise Control—(standard)
- Collision Mitigation—(optional)
- Driver Performance Assistant—(standard)
- Stability Control—(standard)
- Lane Departure Warning—(optional)
- Side Object Detection—(optional)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Single Vertical Side of Cab Tailpipe—(standard)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Dual or Single Vertical Back of Cab Tailpipes—(optional)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Dual or Single Vertical Side of Cab Tailpipes—(optional)
- RH Under DPF/SCR with Dual or Single Vertical Side of Sleeper Tailpipes—(optional)
- Horizontal DPF/SCR with Back of Sleeper Vertical Tailpipe—(optional)
- Small Round DEF Tank – 11 Usable Gallons—(standard)
- Medium Round DEF Tank – 21 Usable Gallons—(optional)
- Large Round DEF Tank – 31 Usable Gallons—(optional)
- Clear Back of Cab DEF Tank—(optional)
- Polished Tank Cover and Polished Straps—(optional)
- Multiplex Electrical System With Centralized Power Distribution Incorporating Plug-In Style Relays & Circuit Protection For Serviceability—(standard)
- 12 Volt Lighting System With Circuit Protection—(standard)
- Circuits Numbered & Color Coded—(standard)
- Key Switch Start & Shutdown—(standard)
- Frame – 10 3/4” Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(standard)
- Frame – 10 5/8” Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(optional)
- Frame – 11 5/8” Steel – 120,000 psi – Heat Treated—(optional)
- Single and Double Frame Inserts—(optional)
- Brakes, Front – Air Disc—(standard)
- Brakes, Rear – Air Disc—(standard)
- Brakes, Front – Air Drum—(optional)
- Brakes, Rear – Air Drum—(optional)
- ABS, ATC, ESP – Bendix—(standard)
- Bendix Wingman Fusion—(optional)
Wheels / Tires
- Wheels – Steel 22.5″—(standard)
- Tires – Bridgestone 295/75R22.5—(standard)
- Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear and Yokohama Tires Available—(optional)
- Polished and Non-Polished Alcoa or Accuride Aluminum Wheels—(optional)
- 24.5″ Tires and Wheels—(optional)
- 24.5” Round Aluminum – 100 Gallon Capacity—(standard)
- 22” Round Aluminum – 56 to 120 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- 24.5” Round Aluminum – 60 to 150 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- 28.5” Round Aluminum – 60 to 177 Gallon Capacity Under and Back of Cab—(optional)
- Hydraulic and Split Tanks Available—(optional)
- Heavy Duty 7″ Fuel Tank Support/Straps—(optional)
- Polished Aluminum Tanks and Polished Straps—(optional)
- Straight Aluminum Channel – Natural Finish or Polished—(standard)
- Steel Channel – Painted or Chrome—(optional)
- Tapered Steel Channel – Painted or Chrome—(optional)
- Straight Chrome Texas Style Bumper in Chrome or Stainless Steel—(optional)
- Steel Box – Painted or Chrome—(optional)
Special Equipment & Options
- Back-up Alarm—(optional)
- Daytime Running Lights—(optional)
- Multi-function Engine Connector For Body Builder Interface—(optional)
- Bodybuilder Harness to End of Frame—(optional)
- Custom Frame Drilling and Frame Layout—(optional)
- Factory Installed Watson Chalin Lift Axles
– 8K, 10K, 13.5K, 20K and 22K—(optional)
– Pusher and Tag Axle configurations—(optional)
– Steerable and Non-Steerable Options—(optional)